Upgrade for retina Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Serban, Mar 6, 2013.

  1. Serban Suspended

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2013
    #1
    I want in the next few months to buy a macbook pro retina 13.3". Do you think the upgrade for macbook line will be upgraded in june-july-august with intel haswell processors with HD 4600 graphics included ? Or these update will be after 2013?
     
  2. MacKid, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013

    MacKid macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2003
    #2
    They will likely be announced at WWDC in June, but not shipping in full until July.
     
  3. maflynn Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
    #3
    With the Haswell chip sets being released in April, expect new MBPs anytime after that point, probably in June
     
  4. Ncage1974 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2012
    #4
    Hi mayflynn. I've heard june release for haswell not april. Where is your source for the april release?

    How are you so sure they will announce a refresh in June and not wait until mid-late fall?

    Not saying your incorrect but id like further verification to better help me decide when to buy :)
     
  5. maflynn Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
    #5
    I stand corrected, I saw on Tomshardware the June 2 release date.
     
  6. Serban thread starter Suspended

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2013
    #6
    So in june or july i was thinking to buy a macbook pro retina 13.3". Shall i wait 1-2 monts more for the upgrade? Are you sure the macbooks will get this upgrade this year? I hope they will not change the price for this upgrades
     
  7. maflynn Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
    #7
    Apple in the past has released only the 15" MBPs first and so its quite possible that you'll not see the 13" MBPs being refreshed in the summer but later in the year.
     
  8. MacKid macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2003
    #8
    It's definitely possible that they'll wait until September/October to refresh the 13. They like to wait for the Back To School promotion to gobble up remaining inventory.
     
  9. Serban thread starter Suspended

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2013
    #9
    if the price will be the same with the one from now and they will upgrade first the 15" i will buy the basic macbook 15" with haswell
     

Share This Page