Upgrade for retina Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Serban, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Serban Suspended

I want in the next few months to buy a macbook pro retina 13.3". Do you think the upgrade for macbook line will be upgraded in june-july-august with intel haswell processors with HD 4600 graphics included ? Or these update will be after 2013?

2. MacKid, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013

MacKid macrumors 6502

They will likely be announced at WWDC in June, but not shipping in full until July.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

With the Haswell chip sets being released in April, expect new MBPs anytime after that point, probably in June

4. Ncage1974 macrumors member

Hi mayflynn. I've heard june release for haswell not april. Where is your source for the april release?

How are you so sure they will announce a refresh in June and not wait until mid-late fall?

Not saying your incorrect but id like further verification to better help me decide when to buy :)

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I stand corrected, I saw on Tomshardware the June 2 release date.

6. Serban thread starter Suspended

So in june or july i was thinking to buy a macbook pro retina 13.3". Shall i wait 1-2 monts more for the upgrade? Are you sure the macbooks will get this upgrade this year? I hope they will not change the price for this upgrades

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Apple in the past has released only the 15" MBPs first and so its quite possible that you'll not see the 13" MBPs being refreshed in the summer but later in the year.

8. MacKid macrumors 6502

It's definitely possible that they'll wait until September/October to refresh the 13. They like to wait for the Back To School promotion to gobble up remaining inventory.

9. Serban thread starter Suspended

if the price will be the same with the one from now and they will upgrade first the 15" i will buy the basic macbook 15" with haswell