Upgrade from 10.4.11

Discussion in 'macOS' started by drimac60, Mar 18, 2010.

1. drimac60 macrumors newbie

I have OS X version 10.4.11 on my iMac. I would like to upgrade to the latest version of OSX. My question is which upgrade software version I need out of the two options I see: Mac OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard and Mac Box Set. From my conversations with a couple of other users, it seems either option would be just fine. I am not interested in the extra stuff in the Mac Box Set - just OS upgrade. Also, considering that a Mac mini is now $600, OS upgrade of $170 seems a bit too expensive.

Any suggestions before the purchase?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I'm guessing you have an Intel iMac 2006/2007. You should technicality get the Boxed Set, but I think the regular Snow Leopard upgrade works. Please note I have not tried it so wait for more responses.

3. drimac60 thread starter macrumors newbie

That is right: it is Intel 2.0 Ghz Core Duo with 2GB memory.

I am leaning towards the regular upgrade myself.

4. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

i think this was recently discussed and the upgrade disc should work. dont hold me to that though

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

After some searching I found out that the Upgrade disc will work for what you want. But remember it is against the terms of the user agreement thing. So it's up to your ethics on weather or not you want to go that route. As far as I can tell Apple won't care if you do go that way.

6. drimac60 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for confirming it. I will try to read the fine line but it is not like I am copying it from my friends for free - just want to do it cost effectively.