"Upgrade" from 10.5.2 -> 10.5?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sam-i-am, May 16, 2008.

1. sam-i-am macrumors member

Hey everyone, I'm trying to reinstall Leopard because, well, it's stopped working properly. Mainly, it doesn't sleep anymore - it mainly just freezes when I try to make it sleep and gets really, really hot in my backpack.

I've turned off every program I could think of, repaired permissions, reset the PSU, reset the PRAM, repaired the disk, checked the memory for other hidden program that might be causing a problem, checked the console, and no I don't have any USB devices I'm plugging in or unplugging.

So I downloaded a 10.5.2 image (yes, I definitely purchased 10.5) thinking that it would cause problems if I did an upgrade install 2 point releases backwards. Is that right? Or can I do a backwards upgrade?

Anyway, the 10.5.2 release wouldn't install on my computer. It says "this software cannot be installed on this computer" or something like that.

So how should I go about reinstalling? I could use my original disc and do an archive install, but that's a huge pain.

Thanks.

2. nineteentwelve macrumors regular

I think the only way you can do this is to do an erase and install. Or archive and install.