upgrade from 10.5.8 to snow leopard: help

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mvdboss1, Apr 3, 2013.

1. mvdboss1 macrumors newbie

Hello Friends,

I own a white macbook from 2009, one of the last white ones to be produced before introduction of the aluminium. OS 10.5.8 and the software update refuses to get me an upgrade to snow leopard.

This was fine for a while but y now all my browsers are no longer up to date and not too good secured.

Can anyone explain me how to upgrade to Snow Leopard either by burning Snow Leopard on a DVD or on a USB-stick?

thanks again,

2. Nameci macrumors 68000

Nameci

buy snow leopard disk from apple, put in the optical drive of your macbook just follow the instructions, dont forget to backup your files and apps, or just do an archive and install.

3. Lil Chillbil macrumors 65816

Lil Chillbil

Would the op pm me and he can just get snow leopard from me

4. Tania Calderon macrumors newbie

Tried to upgrade 10.5.8 to Snow Leopard FAIL

Can anyone help me and perhaps tell me where I'm going wrong?

I have a Mac book Pro 2008 running Leopard 10.5.8 and purchased Snow Leopard from Apple. I followed the instructions but received an error message stating this...
    The contents of this disc can't be changed.

So I was unable to install Snow Leopard onto my hard drive. When I chose to quit the installation and restart my computer using 10.5.8 Leopard as before. My system completely failed and shut down.
    When I restart the Mac it sounds like it wants to restart with a blue screen and apple icon but after 3+ mins. Nothing and turns itself off.

Any fix?