Upgrade from 2.16 MBPC2D to Unibody MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by brainsurgeon, Feb 18, 2009.

  1. brainsurgeon macrumors newbie

    Feb 18, 2009
    Hi everybody,
    Just wanted to get your thoughts on whether or not I should upgrade my current laptop. I currently use a 15" (matte) 2.16 MBPC2D with 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HD, and a 30" ACD.

    99% of the time, I mainly use my MBP for the following:

    Web surfing (including watching YouTube videos)
    iTunes (music and movies)
    MS Office (for papers, data processing, and presentations)
    Skype (video conferencing)

    The new MBPs are gorgeous; however, as a resident - I'd prefer to spend the money to upgrade only if there are significant gains to be had in terms of performance/user experience.

    Do you guys think that I would benefit greatly from upgrading to a 2.4 ghz unibody MBP at this time? Or am I better off waiting for future revisions for the time being...

    Thanks in advance!
  2. RITZFit macrumors 65816


    Sep 16, 2007
    In my Corner
    Do you need a faster laptop? I doubt your maxing that 2.16 w/ just iTunes safari and some word prosessing. Sounds like you want something new... Is the spent money worth it?
  3. alexbates macrumors 65816


    Nov 24, 2008
    Georgia, USA
    I would wait for future updates. I also have the 2.16GHz and feel no need to upgrade. I will probably get a new MBP in about 3 years when they come out with new models.
  4. darngooddesign macrumors G3

    Jul 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    It doesn't sound like you are pushing your current machine so I'd hold off if I were you.
  5. brainsurgeon thread starter macrumors newbie

    Feb 18, 2009
    Thanks for the comments, guess I'm just suffering from Mac envy living next door to an Apple store and seeing those new shiny unibody MBPs on a daily basis. Will hold off on upgrading until a more compelling need arises. Thanks again!

Share This Page