upgrade from 3.0 to 3.1.3

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by abbie562, Jul 27, 2010.

1. abbie562 macrumors newbie

hi can anyone help i want to upgrade my i phone 3g software to 3.1.3 im on 3.0 at the moment but i need help how to do it , i have cydia on my phone and its jailbroken , i have the 3g phone please can anyone help me to do this :)
    much appreciated
    thankx;)

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Use iTunes to install 3.1.3 then use Redsn0w to JB.

3. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

To expand on DH's answer, you will need to download the firmware file from here and hold the shift key (Win) or option key (Mac) when you click upgrade so that you can select the 3.1 firmware. Otherwise, it will insist that you upgrade to 4.0.1.

4. abbie562 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks very much guys :) :) im scared of bricking my phone will this happen lol x :eek:

5. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

It is not possible to brick an iPhone. The worst that can happen is that you will have to do a DFU-mode restore.

6. jerris86 macrumors newbie

Restoring Iphone

I have an iPhone 3Gs with the new bootrom running OS 3.1.3 and jailbroken with Spirit.

May I know if it is possible for me to restore the iphone to OS 3.1.3 and how do I go about doing that?

If i am not wrong Apple is not signing OS 3.1.3?

Thanks in advance

7. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

You cannot restore to 3.1.3 unless you have SHSH files saved. Open Cydia and look at the top of the display and it will tell you what if any SHSH files you have saved.

8. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Your case is very different from the OP's, since you have a 3GS. The 3GS has an additional signature check which prevents restoring to firmware other than the most recent one. Unless you've previously backed up your signatures, you can't restore to 3.1.3.

9. styles111 macrumors newbie

I have a question. What's the benefit of upgrading to this new firmware?? I'm currently on 3.1.2 (7D11) and I'm really happy with my Iphone JB 3G right but I am just curious.

10. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

# Improves accuracy of reported battery level on iPhone 3GS
    # Resolves issue where third-party apps would not launch in some instances
    # Fixes bug that may cause an app to crash when using the Japanese Kana keyboard

In the future you might want to try Google first. The changelog is all over the Internet.