Upgrade from 3G to 3GS UK Help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by owen29051992, Jun 15, 2009.

1. owen29051992 macrumors newbie

okay, so i realise there is a 3GS discussion for UK thread but it is 32 pages and i have skimmed through but dont have time to read the whole thing. so i just discovered the tarriffs for the 3GS.

here is my situation: i took out a new contract at the carphone warehouse at the end of August 2008 on a iphone 3G 16GB 18 month contract (£45 per month). Therfore, my contract is now 10 months old. i want to upgrade to a 3GS but am unsure as to how to go about it. i remember last year iphone 2G owners were offered deals to upgrade to 3G but this time the deals dont look very appealing. so what would be the best way about getting a 3GS, im guessing selling my 3G 16GB and putting the money towards a new 3GS, but does this require paying off my contract which still has 8 months left (which is 8 x 45 which is £360 which i cant afford to do). quite frankly its a bit rediculous i think not offering an upgrade deal, but could someone here tell me the best course of action?

2. hailst0rm macrumors member

You have to either pay off your contract, have two contracts at once or buy the PAYG version and put your SIM in that.

I've sold my iPhone 3G for £250 on ebay. Will be buying the PAYG version and putting my contract SIM in that. The PAYG version costs £440 for 16GB so will cost me about £190 for the upgrade.

3. ddk121 macrumors 6502

Was it the 8GB version or the 16Gb version you were selling?