upgrade from 3gs to 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by optimist123, Aug 7, 2010.

1. optimist123 macrumors newbie

ok since customer service (both apple and att) are not willing to help me, i thought i would come to this forum.
    i have the iphone 3gs. i want to do an online upgrade to the iphone 4 (will cost $400) BUT still use the iphone 3gs, and keep the iphone 4 as non-contract (to unlock it in the future).
    i'm just worried that after i do the upgrade, i will not be able to use my iphone 3gs.
    i hope i'm clear, and thanks for any help

2. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

If you do the upgrade online, that will automatically renew your contract. If you're ok signing another two years and just use your 3GS, you can definitely do that and then just sell the 4.

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Go to an AT&T store and ask them to swap the line back to your iPhone 3GS.

4. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

They might activate your Micro Sim that's included with your iPhone 4. But no problem, go to AT&T and buy a new Sim Card (NOT micro) and get them to move your information back to the new Sim card over the Microsim.

I'm Canadian so I don't know how much AT&T charges per sim card but I know here, it's only like 10$ for a new sim.

It's a little bit of work but you will still be able to use your 3GS.