iPad Upgrade from iPad 2 to iPad 4?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by adam044, Nov 1, 2012.

?

Should I Upgrade to the New iPad

1. YES, Here's Why...

15 vote(s)
    78.9%
  2. NO, Here's Why...

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  1. adam044 macrumors 65816

adam044

So I cant decide myself if the upgrade is worth it for me to go from the iPad 2 to the new iPad, iPad 4 whatever you want to call it. I use my iPad all the time from simple games, to browsing the web, youtube list goes on. But my question is should I upgrade? I can sell my iPad 2 for $300 so it will only cost me $200 out of pocket. So help me decide is it time to upgrade?!

2. tillsbury macrumors 65816

I don't know about over there, but over here in NZ the old new ipad (is that what we call it now?) is on the apple store refurb list for less than the new ipad2 (old old new ipad). Which looks like a steal to me, retina display for the same price as a mini.

But to answer your question, yes upgrade from ipad2 to ipad4 is worth doing for certain. ipad2 to 3 was worth it (1 to 2 wasn't IMHO, and neither is 3 to 4). 4 gives twice the performance, which is great if you get it, but since the ipad3 isn't slow I won't be upgrading myself. 4 will be the first one I miss out on.

3. BaBaBoooooooey macrumors regular

BaBaBoooooooey

I say, if you have the money, which it sounds like you do, and you use it alot, go with it.

Selling your ipad2 that you have used for more than a year im assuming..its worth the monthly tax you paid for it.

Spoil yourself.

4. ercsliberty macrumors 6502

5. adam044 thread starter macrumors 65816

adam044

Gonna go for it yeaahhh new new ipad!!! Woooo yeahhhh go apple ;)

6. jester0723 macrumors regular

I'm going iPad 2 -> mini. Should be like $50 out of pocket after selling the 2 (both are 64gb versions).

7. irDigital0l Guest

You answered the question yourself...

Why would you need to spend money when your not even going to use the Retina display?

Seems the iPad 2 fits your basic needs.

8. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

If you can do a pure model upgrade (not skimping on storage) then i would say yes. The Retina display is that big of a deal, and it will probably be a year before the next model.

9. adam044 thread starter macrumors 65816

adam044

If I keep waiting the price of my iPad 2 will keep dropping until the point if when the next iPad comes out that I would be paying almost full price.

If your looking for a good place to sell your iPad to check out newtonshead.com sold many products to them. Don't even have to wait for a check will go right to your Paypal if you want. By far the best prices. Gazelle offers 170 right now for a 16gb iPad 2 newtonshead offers 275

----------

1 of the iPads should easily cover the 329 cost of the iPad mini. Sold a 32gb today for 350

10. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

yes. I went from the 2 to 3 and I noticed huge difference bc of screen quality and it was faster. Going from 2 to 4, You'll die and go to heaven ;)

11. yinz macrumors 6502a

err.. iPad to iPad 2 wasn't worth it? You had a much thinner form factor, front facing camera and FaceTime. I think FaceTime on the iPad was one of the selling points for me since I can talk to my family long distance for free, so I have to disagree with you when you say upgrading from iPad to iPad 2 wasn't worth it.

12. MS2083 macrumors regular

I would most certainly upgrade to the 4th Generation iPad... I'm getting an iPad 4 for myself today!

13. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Yeah, not to mention the 256 mb of ram on the iPad was getting painful, even only after a year.