iPad Upgrade from iPad 2 to iPad Air?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by DrJames, Nov 17, 2013.

1. DrJames macrumors member

I'm just wondering what the specific enhances I will notice.

I run iSO 7 on my iPad 2 and I want to upgrade for a few reasons: processor and retina display.

Any of you have an iPad 2 and upgraded? Experiences?

2. OCJeff macrumors regular

Just do it (tm). You know you want to.

Your reasons are justification and accurate.

3. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I think you'll notice a much snappier and smooth experience.

4. jplusc macrumors 6502a

I had an iPad 2 and sold it to upgrade to the Air. The difference is night and day. Overall it's much snappier and you can't beat the display upgrade. You'll truly notice the performance gains vs. the 2.

5. cchunk macrumors 6502

I sold my iPad 2 for the Air. Its an absolutely huge upgrade. Retina makes everything like amazing. Everything is MUCH faster. plus battery life is just amazing compared to what i was getting on my 2.

6. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Ditto to what others have said. I also went from a 2 to the Air and it's like night and day. Passed my 2 down to the daughter. It's all good.

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I think you have to ask yourself what wasn't changed between your iPad 2 and the current model - you have a lighter, thinner, faster, retina screened iPad.

Just do it, we know you want too :D

8. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

As others have said the iPad Air will be smoother, snappier and physically lighter and smaller than your iPad 2. The Air will also have a longer expected lifespan. Having said that, the magnitude of the internal improvements will also depend on what you do with your iPad. If all you do is simple surfing, watching videos on a kickstand - then the improvements will be marginal. The iPad you have in hand is paid for, and you'll have to decide whether the improvements are worth the $500+. There are multiple videos on YouTube showing side-by-side comparison of various tasks on the iPad Air and iPad 2.