Upgrade From iPhone 4S iOS 7 To iPhone 6 iOS 8 (Back-up Has Different iOS Version)?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by olimits7, Sep 22, 2014.

1. olimits7 macrumors member

Hi,

I have the iPhone 4S with iOS 7, I've tried multiple times to upgrade to iOS 8 but I keep getting download errors from Apple's servers.

Anyway, my iPhone 6 gets delivered today and I was just wondering if I backup my iPhone 4S with iOS 7 in iTunes; can I restore this back-up to my new iPhone 6 that has iOS 8 installed?

Thank you!

2. BlueSpruce macrumors member

BlueSpruce

It worked fine on my husband's phone, and he didn't update his 4s from 7 to 8.

3. AwareDen macrumors newbie

Just to confirm it was fine for me. iOS 7 iPhone 5 to iOS 8 iPhone 6 plus.

4. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

Fine here as well, my husband went from iOS 7 on his 5 to the 6 and it was a seamless update!

5. olimits7 thread starter macrumors member

Ok, great...thanks for the replies! Hopefully, my transition goes nice and smooth! :)

6. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

Works perfectly - I did "upgrades" across many iOS versions and devices, with only the occasional "clean start." (And then, the clean starts were generally on already-owned devices-and-versions because of problems; not because of the OS or device switch itself.)