Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KenJosef

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2019
Hi friends, is there someone who upgrades the iPhone X to the new iPhone XS or XS Max? If yes, what was it worth to upgrade? Do you feel any major differences between X and XS?

Reactions: Hieveryone

Trifectas

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2019
Besides from the camera and Face ID 2. There isn’t much more to the IPhone XS. So not worth it. Wait for the IPhone’s coming this year or get the XS Max that is actually worth the upgrade if u prefer big phones

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Hi friends, is there someone who upgrades the iPhone X to the new iPhone XS or XS Max? If yes, what was it worth to upgrade? Do you feel any major differences between X and XS?

The only real differentiation of somebody upgrading from the X to the XS, would be the sheer size of the Max for the larger 6.5 display, but the 2017 X versus the 2018 X are highly similar. The 5.8 2017 X to the 5.8 2018 XS is more of a lateral grade, then a major upgrade.

George Knighton

macrumors 65816
Oct 13, 2010

I had an iPhone X and I upgraded to the XS Max primarily because of the bigger screen, but also because of the addition of Band 71 and LTE-A. My data speeds are definitely better on the XS Max than they were on the X.

If you're not on T-Mobile, maybe think about holding on for the 2019 models. :)

The XS and XS Max perform better than the X but there is a very clear argument for the improvement not being worth the price.

Unless...maybe...you're on T-Mobile and want Band 71...*or* the XS Max screen is something you really want.

AppleHaterLover

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2018
X to XS is a sideways upgrade. Almost no difference.

X to XS Max is a worthwhile upgrade depending on how much you’re paying.

I’d hurry, the upgrade window is closing. By late March I wouldn’t upgrade my phone anymore and wait until September.

KenJosef

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2019
I am interesting in performance, so I don’t know if I will change my X to XS if I will feel difference.

VineRider

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2018
I have an X. I've played with the Xs in the Apple Store and at Best Buy. I don't see any difference in performance just using normal apps like Safari and Email. I don't think the average user is going to notice any real big difference going from X to Xs. My main curiosity was the Gigabit LTE, but I don't think that is enough bang for the buck to upgrade.

George Knighton

macrumors 65816
Oct 13, 2010
I am interesting in performance, so I don’t know if I will change my X to XS if I will feel difference.

Not much in everyday life. If you play games on your iPhone, yes. Or if you're one of those rare people who get huge documents to manipulate for whatever reason.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018

I went from the X to XS and honestly in day to day usage it doesn't really feel that different than the X. Takes really great pictures but the X was no slouch with the camera also.

Reactions: 44267547
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.