Upgrade from laptop....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DaveTaylor, Jul 12, 2008.

1. DaveTaylor macrumors 6502

I am on holiday and want to upgrade from the unofficial 2.0 to official however it's not got any of my music apps etc on this computer if i upgrade will i use all my data accept contacts due to the mobileme etc?

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

as long as you don't have itunes set to sync with your music library you should be fine.

3. DaveTaylor thread starter macrumors 6502

so if i turn syncing etc and everything off and just upgrade I should be fine?

4. NiroshanMan macrumors 6502

I heard that 2.0 was a different update than the rest, its like a fresh install update that deletes everything from before. Not sure if this is true, but may want to check before upgrading 2.0.

5. DaveTaylor thread starter macrumors 6502

thinking about it doesnt it backup data when upgrading now :S?

edit same as above thats why I want to know.

6. dangleheart macrumors 6502

I lost all my contacts after the upgrade to 2.0. I have not synced my iphone in qutie a while and I think I am SOL. I expected it to do a sync before upgrading to 2.0 and bring it all back. That did not happen. I got some contact which were many many months old ( have a hunch it was older than the last time I sync'd though not sure ). Foolish me for leaving it all to automatically do things. This is quite bad.

7. DaveTaylor thread starter macrumors 6502

8. MacMan33 macrumors regular

MacMan33

I too lost all my contacts after upgrading to 2.0 is there any way to get them back???? This is a must for my job.....please help thanks:apple:

9. dacreativeguy macrumors 68000

Why can't you retrieve your contacts from your computer's backup drive? I always backup data that is critical for my job.

10. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 16GB: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A347 Safari/525.20)

IIRC, to go from unofficial to official release you have to restore and will lose everything