Upgrade from Mavericks to Yosemite

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nicey, Oct 28, 2014.

1. nicey macrumors newbie

Hi,

I purchased a MBP in 2008 and up till now never missed an OS upgrade not had any issues. I notice that following upgrade to Yosemite, the system boot time has increased drastically to the extent that i had to revert back to Mavericks in under 2 days. In addition, the System response was slow as well.

Can please advise what i can do to workaround this slowness experienced? Is it that my machine is not optimized for running Yosemite? Or is it the bluetooth card that it comes with which is causing the issue?

I've max'ed out my MBP (during purchase direct from Apple) @ 4 Gig ram and 256 Gig Hdd. The only other problem i have is the fans running at full speed (this problem surfaced following having the motherboard and few other items replaced on the 55th day of purchase).

Please advise.

2. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

Reset both the SMC and PRAM after installing Yosemite. This should help address any delays in boot or shut down. I had this same issue on my late 2013 rMBP and it fixed the issue.

3. rmackner macrumors member

I 2nd this, whenever I change out a hard drive or upgrade the OS it will run oddly slow till I reset the PRAM.