Upgrade from mini 4 to 9.7 pro

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Prozak0820, May 1, 2016.

1. Prozak0820, May 1, 2016
    Last edited: May 1, 2016

Prozak0820 macrumors 6502

Prozak0820

would any mini 4 users upgrade to the new 9.7 pro? I'm thinking of selling my mini 2 and 4 to get a pro 9.7 to edit 4K video from my DJI phantom 2. But at the same time my iPad mini seems like a great companion. And it's very poratable.

2. jrs22 macrumors 6502

In the past I've justified buying new iPads when it was time to replace a family member's old one. I bought the mini 4 on release day so I could hand off my iPad Air to my son. His iPad 3 went to my dil, and she found a buyer for the iPad 2. Neither of them wants the mini, so I figured if I bought the iPad Pro 9.7 now, I could pass it down when the next iPad Pro was released.

I can afford to keep both iPads, and I love the portability of the mini. It's light and it slips right into a pocket of my small bag. I'm enjoying the Apple Pencil - finally a stylus that doesn't get in the way when I draw or write. And with the larger screen I can read websites that don't allow for zooming, w/o reading glasses!

3. ColdShadow macrumors 6502a

ColdShadow

last month I upgraded my Mini 2 to Mini 2,but last week I decided to buy a 9.7 Pro so I traded the Mini 4 to Pro 9.7.
    while it's noticeably faster and more oowerful than Mini 4,I find it very heavy and uncomfortable,so I'm thinking about getting rid of the Pro and go back to Mini 4.
    I just wish Mini 4 had a better faster processor.
    8 inch is definitely the seeet spot size of a tablet.

4. RedOrchestra Suspended

There, fixed that for you.

5. iamnotme macrumors regular

iamnotme

Did you trade your mini 4 in a store?