upgrade from Mini2 to iPad 2017?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by yazounet, Oct 9, 2017.

1. yazounet macrumors member

yazounet

Hello everyone;

I hope you are having wonderful fall season. I would like you to share your opinions with me about a possible upgrade. I own an iPad Mini2 32GB with LTE and iPhone 6S with 32GB and a 13' MacBook Air circa 2012 (but recently changed motherboard somehow feels like new :) )

I use iPad solely for educational purposes. I have VLC player on it. I'm watching my courses and some other apps to test my knowledge. And that's pretty much it. I have used the LTE connection for 1 month and decided that I don't need it because I am constantly with my phone and adding 25$ for iPad connection is not cool.

I realized that if I carry around my iPad mini I always put it in my backpack. Yes portability of iPad mini is great but specs wise would it be wise to upgrade to iPad 2017, or wait for a possible new iPad mini 5/miniPro ?
    I hear rumors iPad mini line is going to be cancelled. and the more I wait; the less the value of my iPad mini 2 will become.

I'd really appreciate your comments.

Thank you!

2. KrisLord macrumors 65832

Your iPad mini is already worth a low amount, any further reduction is going to be minimal so don’t let that be a concern.

Perhaps consider a 2nd hand mini 4?

I had a mini 4 until recently and it was great.

Unless your current mini is too slow I’d stick with it - I find the current iPad (which has the screen of the old iPad Air) rather an odd device built to hit the low price point it’s sold at.

3. ejin222 macrumors regular

I sold my Mini 2 for $200. I’m sure I could’ve gotten more if I waited but I was worried that it would lose more value each day. I’m also considering getting a regular iPad but I’m also holding out for a Mini 5

4. yazounet thread starter macrumors member

yazounet

so for iPad 2017 it's a no-no?
    it's not suuupeeer slow I mean maybe I got used to it, but it is slow yes. when going from one app to another it feels it is lagging. but it's not unusable ( maybe for some ). I am not really into buying the newest toy on the market, but I somehow thought maybe upgrading is a good idea?

5. MFL2012 macrumors member

My vote is yes for the iPad 2017. A very underrated device that is better than the Mini2 in every respect.

6. sorcery macrumors regular

sorcery

If the mini 2 meets your requirements, do not waste money changing it. Who cares about specs?
    I use mine for reading and messaging, I never upgrade the IOS, and it will work fine for years.
    Still gonna upgrade to a 5, should one be released.