Upgrade from Snow Leopard?

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by riptideMBP, Jul 25, 2012.

  1. riptideMBP macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 29, 2011
    #1
    So Lion wasn't particularly appealing to me, and I'm quite happy with my SL setup, but I'm wondering if I should get Mountain Lion for the sake of not having an "outdated" OS. The only features id really be interested in are full screen, and safari 6.
     
  2. dusk007 macrumors 68040

    dusk007

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2009
    #2
    I am wondering something similar that fits the title.
    How well does the upgrade (non clean install) work from SL on a MBP 15" (2010)?
    Unlike you I don't give anything about Safari or full screen. I only think iCloud is useful because my google based solution is bit messed up with too much duplication.
    Now that it only costs 15€ I wonder if an upgrade works without introducing any problems that would make me regret it.
     
  3. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

    Krazy Bill

    Joined:
    Dec 21, 2011
    #3
    If this were a "dot" 1 or 2 release I'd say go for it. But since you're "happy" with SL I'd wait until the masses farm out some of the bugs.

    Also, if you use Spaces under SL then you will certainly miss it in ML.
     
  4. riptideMBP thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 29, 2011
    #4
    They got rid of spaces? what are you supposed to do instead?
     
  5. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

    Krazy Bill

    Joined:
    Dec 21, 2011
    #5
    In the way you and I probably use Spaces, yes. (R.I.P.)

    Stay on SL. Seriously... if you're not into bells & whistles, copious amounts of iOS glitter and don't need iCloud then stay put.

    Let the down votes commence!

    Oh wait... :D
     
  6. dusk007 macrumors 68040

    dusk007

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2009
    #6
    I suppose I will stay on SL until I get a new MBP.
    Maybe they should pay me 50 bucks to use those new OSX versions.

    I think this was the only decent review of ML.

    Still wonder if I get an answer for my question. 15 € isn't much but it still a waste if I end up rolling back the update again in the end. If the upgrade works fine at least there'd be one concern out of the way.
     
  7. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

    Krazy Bill

    Joined:
    Dec 21, 2011
    #7
     

Share This Page