Upgrade from Studio 8 to CS3 Web Premium?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Bern, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

Has anyone made the upgrade from Macromedia Studio 8 to Adobe CS3 Web Premium yet?

I am about to in a few weeks and I was just interested in your feedback experience.

2. ambient macrumors member

yess do it.. definetly the best release yet... the apps are so much faster too! there is many new features i am still discovering

3. Dolorian macrumors 65816

Dolorian

Agreed. I am going to use the Studio MX I have around to upgrade to the CS3 Design Premium.

Evo

4. Bern thread starter macrumors 68000

Bern

Well we have to wait here in Australia for the upgrade version. Apparently it's not available to us until June sometime. I guess I could buy it from Adobe online as a download but I'm not sure that's really safe.

5. Cabbit macrumors 68020

Cabbit

are the app's running faster on ppc to or is it only the intel macs that run them faster?

6. ambient macrumors member

ahh yehh.. i mean they are much faster on intel i have MBP.. overall they are very snappy and responsive

7. yagran macrumors 6502a

all my design team have been upgraded to this release now. we love it.

great improvements across the board, i like the new Illustrator, im sure actionscript 3.0 will have benefits a plenty, but at the moment im still learning it all.

its a shame about the price. but it was worth it for us. if your serious about design this is a great suite.