Upgrade from Tiger to Snow

Discussion in 'macOS' started by conehead12, Nov 18, 2009.

1. conehead12 macrumors newbie

I updated from Tiger to SnowLeopard on my 2 year old iMac, apart from a few glitches the upgrade seems OK. I did the upgrade to install iLife 9, well guess what it won't load unless my system is 10.5.5.... Funny, I have 10.6.2 now. I assume that Apple has a bug to prevent this install if your haven't purchased Leopard initially. So I thought I would do a full install of SL by wiping the hard drive, install the system, then install iLife 9. Well the system loads and updates, but still iLife will NOT install, same issue....looking for 10.5.5 compatibility. iLife 8 still operates by drag n drop from backup system, (drag apps, themes and user preferences to like folders on Snow).

Next I tried to install a new system from Apple install disks of 10.6 with iLife 9 that was supplied with a brand new iMAc LED. Well guess what....it will not load to the computer (this model iMac) WTF!

Can anyone advise me what to do, I want to use iLife 9 on my Mac, maybe I could drag n drop from the new Mac to load.

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Not sure why your iLife 09 won't work on SL, especially after you did a full reformat and install. Well the LED iMac DVD won't work as it's machine specific so it's behaving properly. After you installed SL from the reformat and install, did you update to 10.6.2 first then install iLife 09? iLife 09 needs an update for SL and will not work with SL until that update is applied.

3. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Did you buy the box set of SL and iLife '09 (iWork '09 also)?

4. conehead12 thread starter macrumors newbie

Did the SL install from the stand alone $40 version, then did upgrade to 10.6.2. iLife 9 comes from the LED machine and says cannot load, require system 10.5.5.
    Should I install Leopard then do upgrades then install SL as upgrade then OS 10.6.2 upgrade the iLife. Its all a hassle.

As I indicated before it is possible to drag and drop iLife components from another system ie (apps, themes, prefs, etc)

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

It sounds like you're trying to use a "bundle" version of iLife. It's only licensed for use on the computer that it came with.