iPhone XS Max Upgrade from XS Max?

Shirasaki

macrumors G3
May 16, 2015
Nope.
First I don’t have that amount of free money.
Then, this upgrade itself is so minor, there is no point to upgrade, especially when 3D Touch hardware is gone.

mixedup

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2012
Toronto, Canada
I was going to pass, but am due for an upgrade, so I caved. Ended up with a better plan and an $899 (Can) subsidy on the phone. I figured I should take advantage of the 'free money' rather than wait to upgrade next year. That's not to say I won't upgrade to the 2020 phone, though!

petvas

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2006
Mannheim, Germany
I am upgrading, but not because of the new CPU. I just want to have the latest phone and I can afford it. If I couldn't, then I wouldn't upgrade. The difference is namely small and unless you really care about the camera, you will barely notice it. Of course it all depends in how long you plan in keeping your phone. For me, it is just a year.

Elitegate

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2014
Hi, anyone who will upgrade from XS Max to 11 Pro for A13 Bionic performance?
No. Why? I have the 8 Plus with the A11 and that thing is crazy fast. I don't need to worry about performance for the next couple of years. Well the A13 powers also Night Mode, Deep Fusion and all that but that's camera if you ask me.

russell_314

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2019
USA
Soooooo much is being put into what the 2020 iPhones *may* be it's mad. It almost feels like everyone is setting Apple up to fail. Yes a design refresh is in order but still.
The whole wait to see what comes out next never made sense to me. I understand waiting for a few months if you know a new model is coming but in 2020 why not wait till the 2021 iPhone comes out? It will be better. If you want something just buy it or don't. Also I'm not talking about people who feel the need for a three or so year upgrade cycle. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that because they can last a while if taken care of.

DevinNj

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
Max to Pro Max this year. New camera array, brighter screen, 5 extra hours of battery, and same price as last year, yup I’m in.
[doublepost=1568497420][/doublepost]
The whole wait to see what comes out next never made sense to me. I understand waiting for a few months if you know a new model is coming but in 2020 why not wait till the 2021 iPhone comes out? It will be better. If you want something just buy it or don't. Also I'm not talking about people who feel the need for a three or so year upgrade cycle. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that because they can last a while if taken care of.
You’re absolutely correct. There’s always going to be a new model next year with new features, it’s just a matter of when you’re going to jump in.

Reactions: jmlp007

dominiongamma

macrumors 68000
Oct 19, 2014
Tempe, Arizona
Soooooo much is being put into what the 2020 iPhones *may* be it's mad. It almost feels like everyone is setting Apple up to fail. Yes a design refresh is in order but still.
I want Apple to do well with iPhone 11. I’m just waiting cause I have an IPhone S Max. Rumors point to 5G and smaller notch which is a plus even if I don’t have an issue with the notch :). The iPhones are amazing this year with the cameras and battery life