Upgrade help! Please!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Vampire5003, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Vampire5003 macrumors 6502

Hello my upgrade offer is December 06, 2011. Last year I heard if someone had a upgrade within the 2010 year they could use their upgrade early on a iphone 4. Is that gonna be the deal this year? Here is the link to AT&T's YouTube channel video about the upgrade thing:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yR0V96CCl4&feature=relmfu
    Go to twenty seconds or 0:20.

Anyways please answer! I need to know if I should list my iP4 soon for preparation of iP5.

Thanks,

Thomas

2. DeaconGTG macrumors member

No one will no until an anouncement is made probably.

A few years ago (for the 3G launch I believe), AT&T quietly bumped up my upgrade timeframe to where I was suddenly eligible for an upgrade when the new iPhone came out. Your best bet to find out whether or not you'll get an upgrade is to check your upgrade date regularly to see if it changes.

Otherwise, we likely won't have an official response until the iPhone is unveiled.

3. Vampire5003 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok thanks.

4. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

With the 4, if you were within 6 months of eligibility you could get it for the discounted price. With the 3gs, it was within 3 months of eligibility. I expect them to do the same this year. If they did, it would be after the announcement on October 4th. The reason I think they will do it again this year is because Verizon, AT&T and Sprint will sell the new iphone so the competition is getting a whole lot bigger and AT&T will do what it can to keep customers from switching so my guess is yes they will do it this year. Again, it's just a guess.

5. Qoo macrumors 6502

How do you know Verizon, AT&T and Sprint will sell the new iphone? there is no official announcement yet, you sounds so sure all three carriers will sell the new iphone:confused:

6. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

I know AT&T and Verizon will. Based on many rumors, Sprint will get it too so yes it's not confirmed but I think they will.

7. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Verizon and ATT already carry the iPhone if you haven't noticed in the past year. Sprint is just a guess.

8. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

This is what my *639# said:

A full discount on a standard device or iPhone upgrade is not available at this time but you may qualify on 02/22/2012. We can offer you a discounted iPhone upgrade at 2-yr commitment pricing + $250 along with a new 2-yr commitment and an $18 upgrade fee. Please visit a participating iPhone sales location for pricing on this offer.

I got my iPhone 4 on launch day. If its another version of the 4 and not the 5, Im awaitin'!

9. iZeeshan macrumors regular

Was it really within 6 months eligibility? Or was that just for those people who bought the iPhone on day 1?

I bought mine in September 2010 and my AT&T account is telling me that I can upgrade on 2/11/12. I am the primary line.

I recently just lost my phone, so I'd like to know if anyone has any indication if AT&T will bump up my eligibility even if I didn't buy it on day 1?

10. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

So if Apple makes this agreement with the carriers, anyone who is upgrade eligible up to 6 months from the release date will be eligible to buy it at the lowest price. And yes it was up to 6 months last year for the iPhone 4.

AT&T doesn't give a crap if you bought it on launch day or not. They just card about how much money is being put into their pockets from your contract.

11. iZeeshan macrumors regular

Considering, all the competition, they should still uphold the 6 month deal right? That'd be nice.

If they decide on 3 months, then does it just stay the same or do they reduce eligibility by 3 months because I'm at 4 lol

12. Vampire5003 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well even if it's 3 months then I'm good! I can't wait! I am so exited! Gonna try to pre-order it, but I'm not sure if I can. I've got my BestBuy credit card to pay.

13. TheStormEvans macrumors newbie

Well I feel like I'm gonna be screwed!

I bought my iPhone 4 a couple days after launch day and my account says I qualify for a upgrade on 7/27/2012! WTF?! That better change...

14. NacSquared macrumors regular

NacSquared

When I bought my iPhone 4, and when I recently asked an AT&T manager about this, both times they said your upgrade can and will be pushed forward as long as you are an iPhone owner and your upgrade is within the calendar year.

15. TC25 macrumors 68020

Or what?

16. Vampire5003 thread starter macrumors 6502

That's great news!

17. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Well you did sign a two year contract.

18. TheStormEvans macrumors newbie

Yes but from what I've been reading on here, most people that purchased iP4's on or near launch day are saying they will be able to upgrade later this year/early next year.

19. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

That depends on how much you pay per month and past factors like if youhad any bill overdue or stuff like that

20. Vampire5003 thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey my upgrade date changed to 12/05/2011! Why did it change by a day!? Hopefully I will get my upgrade pushed!

Thanks,

Thomas