Upgrade information from AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TOOFY, Oct 6, 2011.

1. TOOFY macrumors regular

Hey Guys,

I just need some clarification from the great users here. I got this text message from AT&T about my upgrade option for the iPhone 4S. What does this mean exactly?

" A full discount on a standard device or iPhone upgrade is not available at this time but you may qualify on 11/25/2011. We can offer you a discounted iPhone upgrade at 2-yr commitment pricing + $250 along with a new 2-yr commitment and an $18 upgrade fee. Please visit a participating iPhone sales location for pricing on this offer. "

Does this mean that a full discount which i am eligible for on Nov 25th is without a contract renewal? Meaning i would pay 200$ for the 16GB version and not sign up for another contract?

And if i choose to do it now i would pay 250$ plus 18$ upgrade fee with a 2 year contract.

Thanks!

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Either way, you will have a 2-year contract extension. The only way to avoid that is to buy an unsubsidized $650 iPhone.

3. simply stunning macrumors regular

You either pay the following before 11/25
    $200 for 16GB Iphone
    $250 Early upgrade fee
    $18 upgrade fee
    TOTAL of $468 plus tax plus sign the 2 year contract

Or if you wait till after 11/25 and that is the below.
    $200 for the 16GB iPhone
    $18 upgrade fee
    TOTAL $218 plus tax plus sign the 2 year contract

Either way you have to sign the 2 year contract

4. TOOFY thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks Guys... Im really thinking about going to Sprint and getting this phone. But i really would like to take advantage of the new antenna system for the higher data speeds as i am still in the unlimited data.

5. mpossoff macrumors 68020

If you're with AT&T you'll experience faster data speeds.

6. TOOFY thread starter macrumors regular

I know this but unfortunately i live in Long Island, NY with heavy data users. AT&T for me where i normally go to ( Home, work, friends, bars, clubs, etc ) dont have much coverage. I get constant dropped calls.

So i may get ATT, i'll see what happens.

7. YaBoiD macrumors regular

YaBoiD

I was thinking about Sprint also but I'd miss simultaneous talk/data & the faster data speeds. I have unl data with AT&T so I think I will just stay put.