upgrade iphoen data plan??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by backinblack875, Oct 17, 2011.

1. backinblack875 macrumors 6502a

backinblack875

so i got the iphone 4s oct 14 and got the 200mb plan, thinking it would be enough. ive used 150mb so far. i know i will not regularily use this much but definitely want to upgrade to the 2gb plan. Are you able to do this at any time inside your contract? if so where, at&t website?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Yes, you can upgrade at any time on AT&T's website. The amount of data you get for the remainder of the billing period is prorated from the time you make the change (i.e. if you upgraded halfway through the billing cycle you only get 1 GB to use for the remainder).

I believe you can also download AT&T's app and upgrade from there too.

3. svenn macrumors 6502

First reply is correct.

Also, you didn't ask, but for reference only, your contract with AT&T does not require you to keep a data plan. You can pick up a non-smartphone/dumbphone anytime and drop the data completely. The contract only requires you to keep service with ATT, but that can be voice only. Of course if you want the iphone, you gotta have the data. I only add this because I have seen more than a few people thinking their contract means they have to keep paying for data the whole time.

4. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Yes, you update your data plan with your phone carrier.