Upgrade iPhone 3G @ iPhone 3GS with Rogers.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pika, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

2. PhixionFilms macrumors 6502

this is why AT&T should have their exclusivity ripped from them. If it wasnt for the iPhone, AT&T would be just another behind the other guy kind of service. I hate them. /rant

3. Pika thread starter macrumors 68000

Pika

Keep in mind that as with most Rogers announcements, many customer service reps don't know about the information for a week, or unless you direct them to the right webpage:

rogers.com > iPhone > Current Rogers Customers? Find out how you can upgrade

I'd call in, and forget about stores for the upgrade, unless you know the salesperson really well. For some other purposes stores are good, but for upgrades they have no incentive and aren't usually willing to ask for discounts on your behalf. Stores/staff don't work for Rogers; they are completely independent.

4. candan9019 macrumors regular

Did you call Rogers or go to a Rogers dealer? The dealers keep telling everyone the same garbage. If you go to a Rogers plus store or the Apple store or call Rogers you might have more luck.

My friend got one at the Apple store yesterday after the Rogers dealer told her the same thing. She was eligible for the $250 discount but bought it at full price so that she wouldn't have to add a data plan.

5. Pika thread starter macrumors 68000

Pika

I went to the Rogers dealer and he said he wouldn't upgrade my iPhone 3G until July 11th 2009 and i asked him about what it would be the price and he said he cant tell me. I also showed to him my iPhone 3G that is coved with a full body invisibleSHIELD protector + OtterBox Defender case:

[​IMG]

I removed the case and showed to him how shiny, no scratch and new it looks and the Rogers dealer is willing to buy my iPhone 3G from me.

Is it a good deal ?

6. Redneck1089 macrumors 65816

Redneck1089

This is great news! Now it's just a matter of waiting for more stock to come into the stores so I can get one!!

Anyone have any idea of when the next shipments are due in?

7. candan9019 macrumors regular

He offered to buy your iPhone? How could you possibly think they are on the level with you?

Do not go to a dealer they will lie to you. The price Rogers is charging is public knowledge. Go to a Rogers Plus or Apple Store.

8. Pika thread starter macrumors 68000

Pika

The Rogers dealer looked at my iPhone 3G in detail and was amazed to see absolute no scratch after i removed it from my OtterBox Defender case and he asked me... "where did you buy that tank case & that invisibleshield" I told him... "from eBay" and...

He told me that he's willing to buy my perfect condition iPhone 3G but he didn't told me for how much... Maybe if i wait till July 11th 2009 for my upgrade he might upgrade me to 3GS at no cost with the condition to give him my iPhone 3G.

I have a friend who is willing to buy my iPhone 3G for 100$

9. X5-452 macrumors 6502

X5-452

I'm beyond frustrated with Rogers right now.

I went to the Rogers plus by my home and they turned me away and said to come back on Tuesday. Why? Because their system "wasn't working" on top of that, they didn't even believe me when I told them about offer 1 and offer 2 on their site and that I qualified for offer 2.

Then, I went to the Rogers plus in the mall and they were handing out iPhones left right and center. I wait an hour in line to talk to them, and then they tell me that they can't upgrade my phone because I'm not "eligible" and then I whip out my current iPhone and say "really? Because all iPhone 3G customers are getting a specific deal on the iPhone 3GS" then I tell them that I called Rogers at 8 in the morning to confirm that I'm eligible for offer #2 and the CSR tells me that I should be 100% able to get the 32GB model for $299 and that she was leaving a note on my account since they expected to be really busy later in the day. Then, the rep at the Rogers plus store tells me that they can't "see notes on accounts" and that they'll have to "call and ask permission if you can upgrade." So now I have to wait for them to call me once they "ask permission" if I can upgrade, and who knows how long that'll be.

Rogers is actually being nice and offering current iPhone users a stellar deal on the new model, but it sounds like they're screwing all of us over that want to get it.

edit: Oh yeah, I went to Rogers self help website, and right there, clear as mud, they are making me an offer of $299 on a new 32GB model. Why is it so hard to have the reps see it in person?!?!

10. candan9019 macrumors regular

Well you can go to a Rogers Plus store and get one right now for $550 and probably sell your iPhone on Kijiji for $200-300. Why wait?

11. Pika thread starter macrumors 68000

Pika

I was thinking to go to the apple store and buy the iPhone 3GS at full price simply to keep my 2 Years contract left instead of another 3 Years.