iPhone Upgrade Jailbreak unlocked iPhone to 5.1.1

adhossain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2012
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Hello, I've an iPhone 3GS which have iOS 4.2.1 and it's unlocked by Jailbreak. Currently iOS 6 is available. But I want my device to upgrade to 5.1.1 and Unlock again by Jailbreak :(.
What is the procedure?
I've knowledge on how to use Redsn0w or Sn0wbreez :cool:.
I accidently upgraded my device into iOS 6 and it was locked again. So I sent it to a jailbreaking and unlocking service. They downgraded my device into 4.2.1 and unlocked it via jailbreak

Last edited:

Kar.ma

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2011
Hi, I need to accomplish the same task. I never updated my iPhone 4 from purchase day, and now I want to update from 4.2.1 (Jailbreaked with greenpoison) to 5.1.1 (not to iOS 6).
I am collecting informations all over the web to be sure not to mess around with it.
By now I have 5.1.1 ipsw file and greenpoison's absinthe-win-2.0.4 (I use Windows 7). I am going to backup my SHSH with TinyUmbrella, but - provided shsh's backup will be no pain - I don't know which steps I should follow after. How can I install 5.1.1 firmware, should I use the "press Shift button while clicking on Restore in iTunes" trick?

adhossain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2012
Dhaka, Bangladesh
The firmware on the device is irrelevant to saving hashes.
But, it is too late to save them since Apple no longer signs this firmware.
Ok, but as I mentioned before, I accidently upgraded to iOS 6 and my nearby service center downgraded it to iOS 4.2.1? I guess they do not have hashes of my device. How they do it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.