Upgrade Mac Mini immediately or wait a bit

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by Ice Dragon, Sep 4, 2010.

  1. Ice Dragon macrumors 6502a

    Ice Dragon

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2009
    #1
    I have discussed this in the Mac Rumors chat and have received different answers, thus I want to see where I stand.

    Whether I get either a refurbished 2010 Mac Mini or a new Mac Mini (if a refurbished one is not immediately available), should I wait a few weeks or months and break it in before I have an SSD installed in it or should I get it done right after I receive it?

    I ask this as a first time Mac buyer because I have this fear that I'll have the SSD installed and everything will be fine only to have the logic board or something fail and my warranty will be voided.

    So... take a risk (what I was leaning towards) or play it safe?
     
  2. Giuly macrumors 68040

    Giuly

    #2
    Reinstall the stock hard drive and ship it to repair. :rolleyes:
     
  3. Ice Dragon thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Ice Dragon

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2009
    #3
    *durp* My bad... : [ </thread>
     

Share This Page