upgrade mac pro or get mac book pro?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Macpropro80, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Macpropro80 macrumors 6502

My video editing job is a little extreme. I film a football team with 3 age groups that play one after the other. My job is to film all three games (30 minutes of footage for each) After all three games are done I have to go home, import all the footage, make 5 dvd's for each game (3games x 5 copies = 15 dvds) All in the same day. I have some money saved and I was thinking of either upgrading my mac pro or getting a mac book pro. (15 or 17 inch). I am thinking of a mac book pro because my camera shoots on SD cards and if I had a mac book pro I could import footage from one game while I shoot the other. OR I could get Three 1TB hard drives, 4 more gigs of ram (8 total) and an ati 4870. Which one do you think would be more benifical to my job. Remember I have to film 3 games (ends at 4pm) import 1 hour 30 minutes of HD footage, add titles, and burn 5 dvds for each game all in the same day.

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

upgrade the mac pro, the macbook pro will be a fair chunk slower than your mac pro, where as by upgrading, you will increase the speed and your productivity :)

3. Abidubi macrumors 6502

Add a second DVD burner and you are already making the DVDs twice as fast.

4. Macpropro80 thread starter macrumors 6502

I have 2 already how do i burn 2 idvd projects at the same time?

5. Merzie macrumors member

can you save the project as an image and then burn the image in toast while burning in idvd?

6. Billydelp4 macrumors regular

invest $40 bucks in a card reader. then you can pop your sd card in and import by drag and drop rather then capture.

Billy