Upgrade Macbook White 13 Inch Mid 2007

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by JonnyAlpha, Mar 30, 2013.

1. JonnyAlpha macrumors regular

Hi;

Couple of questions ref upgrading my old Macbook 13 Inch White Mid 2007 model (redundant since I bout my Late 2008 Macbook Pro).

1. The Hard Drive is trashed so could I replace it with this one - http://www.microdirect.co.uk/Home/Product/56423/Hitachi-160GB-CinemaStar-Z5K320-5400RPM--hard

2. I recently upgraded my Macbook Pro could I use the 2GB RAM that I took out and fit it in my 13 Macbook White. According to Apple Support they are both DDR2 667Mhz?

3. Will it run Snow Leopard OK?

4. I think the DVD Drive is also bust - can't remember, where can I get a replacement?

4. Is it worth upgrading it?

2. Lochiel macrumors newbie

1. You most certainly could, but if you wanted to get a significant speed boost I would recommend upgrading to an SSD. 120GB will run you about $100.

2. By 2GB of RAM do you mean two 1GB sticks? If so then you should be albe to. Just make sure you always upgrade in pairs.

3. It should be able to run snow leopard no problem.

4. I would say to not bother with the superdrive unless you really need to be reading cds and dvds on this machine.

It's really up to you if it's worth upgrading. As you already have a newer model, you could always upgrade this one and give it to somebody in your family as a nice present!