Upgrade MBP HD or wait for SSD?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jsnuff1, Feb 14, 2008.

  1. jsnuff1 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2003
    Location:
    NY
    #1
    I have the 2.4 Ghz 15 inch MBP and came from the desktop world before it. Its a great machine but the HD is a major bottleneck, especially with me being used to 7200-10000 rmp drives in desktops. Im thinking about upgrade the HD to a faster 7200 drive, but am not sure if I should wait out for either faster 2.5 drives or wait for SSD to mature.

    If I do decide to upgrade now what drive to you guys recommend. i was lookin at this one.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822145160

    And am I correct in that the MBP HD connection is SATA150?

    Thanks!
     
  2. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

    deadpixels

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2006
    #2
    if you read the reviews, you will see mahy reporting using it inside their Macs so you'll be fine.
     
  3. mashinhead macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2003
    #3
    i want to upgrade mine too. next month samsung is releasing a 500gb notebook hd. Now i'm not say you should get this but i am saying you should wait until this comes out to upgrade, because at the very least it will affect the pricing of the current hds. But if you don't need 500gb i would go for the western digital scorpio 320, which just had a price drop on new egg.
     

Share This Page