General Upgrade Mobile Substrate?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by NestOfRobins, May 2, 2013.

1. NestOfRobins macrumors member

I currently have Mobile Substrate V 0.9.3999.6 on my iPad3. One tweak requires V 0.9.4001. For some reason, the particular installation I have does not report that an upgrade is available.

When I tried to install the higher version, it gave me an error (stating that it could not overwrite something).

While I believe I can remove MS and then reinstall with the higher version, this would require a removal of dozens of packages that rely on it.

I have tried to reboot w/ MS disabled, and then installing the higher version, but I received the same error.

Suggestions?

2. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Strange. If no one else gives you better suggestions, you could try using iCleaner and turn on "Cydia Sources" and it'll run some commands to fix your sources. I'm not sure this is your problem. Worse case, you could try this. There's also a manual way to do the same thing. TriJet recently (last couple weeks) posted the step by step instructions to do this manually. You can search for that if you wanna go that route. If you can't find it ill search for it for you.

3. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

here you go, don't know if it will fix your poblem, but it will reset cydia, your installed apps will still be there.

maybe posting the exact error which cydia throughs will help

Navigate to /private/etc/apt/sources.list.d

Delete the file "cydia.list"

Navigate to /var/lib/apt/lists

Delete all of the files in this folder except the one called "lock"

Navigate to /var/lib/apt/lists/partial

Delete all of the files in this folder

Navigate to /var/lib/cydia

Delete the file "metadata.plist"

Restart Cydia. You should be at the first screen you saw when you first started Cydia: What kind of user are you? Make your selection and Cydia will re-generate the default sources.

4. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

You're the man. I should probably just save this info. I've never had to use it or the iCleaner approach. But since it is useful for people here I should save it. Thanks for saving me the time of searching for it! :D

It probably won't fix his problem but worth a shot at the very least. I assume he has a 3rd party repo which also hosts mobile substrate and its interfering with the version on Saurik's repo. But that's just a wild guess.