iPad Upgrade my IPad 3

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jailbreakprob, Nov 2, 2013.

1. jailbreakprob macrumors newbie

Hi all

I have a small problem with my ipad 3.
    I have to upgrade my ipad to ios 7 but my ipad is jailbroken and i am afraid losing all my apps and my game save.
    Is there any way to upgrade.
    And thank you for your time.

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

A regular backup and restore to itunes should save all your (legally) purchased games and their saves.

Upgrading to 7.03 and then putting the backup back on it should get them back.
    It is usually beter to start as new, but if you insist on the game saves, this is the only way.

3. ktvchangge macrumors newbie

good,It is usually beter to start as new, but if you insist on the game saves, this is the only way. thank[​IMG]

4. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

You can also use iCloud for all the games which support it. Typically I only upgrade from a jailbroken iOS to another jailbroken iOS and use app backup in Cydia.

I strongly recommend that before you upgrade, install appbackup and backup all your games. Then copy the folder of backups to your computer. That way, when the iOS 7 jailbreak comes out, you can install AppBackup, copy that folder from your computer to your jailbroken iOS 7 iPad, and restore all the game saves 100% back to their current state. I've lost game saves with iCloud and iTunes backups. Not sure why that happened but regardless, AppBackup is a 100% foolproof method of backing up game saves and restoring them on a new iOS. The catch is, it's only available in Cydia.

I have a link to step by step instructions if you would like. This way you'll guarantee you won't lose a single game save. You can also backup any other App Store app if you want. Just let me know and I'll post the link. I can't recommend AppBackup enough. It's one of my favorite things about jailbreaking. I have game saves from around 2010.