Upgrade new iPhone 4 8GB to iOS 7?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by roman01, Sep 21, 2013.

1. roman01 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

Have any of you done the update on iPhone 4? We got our daughter one just recently and I'm hesitant.

Any experiences?

Thanks!

2. Powermax macrumors regular

The 8Gb is no different to the bigger models. I upgraded mine and it is fine. A bit slow though...

3. roman01 thread starter macrumors newbie

That is exactly my worry. Would it be a upgraded or downgraded experience.

4. JayCee842 macrumors 6502a

JayCee842

Don't do it. I did it on mine and it is really slow. Thankfully, though, I have an iPhone 5, so it's not a big deal. :) I just wanted to see if it would be any slower and it is.

5. roman01 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm really sorry to hear that! I may need to update so or so because the iPhone is only one month old and it's only 8 GB. Not updating thus not only leaves an ugly red badge on the settings icon, but also eats up over 1 GB of space, which on this model represents a considerable portion of internal memory.

6. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

Personally I think the phone will be fine. I suggest backing up to iCloud. Restoring via iTunes. And then setting up using existing iCloud backup.

There's no doubt a significant difference internally between an iPhone 4 and 4s, but even still things should be okay.

- http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/iphone/iphone-faq/differences-between-iphone-4s-iphone-4.html

Here's a review from a Windows guy on his experience updating his iPhone 4 to iOS 7.

- http://www.winbeta.org/news/hands-ios-7-iphone-4

7. ZhenyaF macrumors 6502

My uncle updated his iPhone 4 to iOS 7 and complains that's it's slower than before