Upgrade now or wait?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kiish, Jun 28, 2014.

  1. kiish macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2013
    #1
    I have a MacBook Pro Mid 2012 (non retina) which was my first MBP and I love it but seeing the retina version i've been meaning to upgrade my laptop.

    Is it worth upgrading now or is there a expected new release this year?

    Also what would be a ideal selling cost of my current MBP Pro in the UK?

    Model: MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid-2012)
    CPU: Intel Core i7-3720QM
    Memory: 16.00 GB (2x 8GB Crucial)
    Hard Drive: Samsung 830 256GB SSD
    Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
    Original box, as new magsafe adapter incl
    Minor dent on the right side of the trackpad but other then that spotless.

    Thanks!
     
  2. capathy21 macrumors 65816

    capathy21

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Location:
    Houston, Texas
    #2
    It depends on how important it is to have the absolute newest model, or if saving some money is more important. Rumors of a slight refresh are circulating but no one knows for sure. I would consider looking in the Apple refurb store to land the best deal on a rMBP.

    As far as resale price, I have no idea what they go for in the UK!
     
  3. pragmatous macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    May 23, 2012
    #3
    Look on ebay and see how much they're selling for.

    I'm waiting for broadwell myself and i have the same model you do.

     
  4. maflynn Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
    #4
    Personally, I don't think going from a Ivy Bridge model to a Haswell based MBP makes too much sense, I'd hold off.

    I own a 2012 rMBP and its been great, but (at least for my uses) I don't a need to upgrade so quickly.
     

Share This Page