Upgrade now or wait?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 3v0, Jul 1, 2010.

  1. 3v0 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Apr 24, 2010
    #1
    Hey guys. So I can upgrade my phone now. Currently have a 3g.
    I'm between the iphone 4 (100$) or the HTC aria (130$).
    I was gonna go to radio shack and trade my phone in and do the upgrade there since I'd get money back by trading in my 3g.

    But is now the best time? I keep seeing stuff about "resolving the issue."
    Are they actually gonna redesign something?
    Should I wait?

    I mean the only problems I've heard of are the reception thing, fragile glass, bad wifi and blotchy yellow screen.
    The first two I can solve with a good case right?

    Should I wait or try to update it soon?
     
  2. Apple-NoEscape macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2010
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    #2
    I don't really see them updating the design untill the next phone, just too much money and not enough time.
     
  3. saving107 macrumors 603

    saving107

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2007
    Location:
    San Jose, Ca
    #3
    it takes any company 12-18 months to design and ship a product (sometimes longer), so their will not be a revision/redesign anytime soon, the only thing Apple can do with a product that is already shipped is Software Updates.
     
  4. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

    Loves2spoon

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2010
    Location:
    California
    #4
    Upgrade your iPhone 3G to iOS 4.0
    Jailbreak with redsn0w
    Unlock with ultrasn0w
    Sell on Craigslist for $200-250

    I had to replace the 1st iPhone I received at AT&T on the 29th for yellow screen issue. The new one is perfect! Get the new iPhone and you'll never look back, it's blazing fast compared to the 3G.
     
  5. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

    bowlerman625

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2009
    Location:
    Chicago, IL area
  6. iArch macrumors regular

    iArch

    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2008
    Location:
    All Over
    #6
    OP, I bought an iPhone 4 on launch day, and I think you should take a pass on it for now. In fact, since yours a is a 3G, a bump up to a 3GS might be a good idea till they do who knows what about the 4. I found the differences between the two 3s to be quite pronounced and haven't ever had any problems with my 3GS.
     
  7. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2007
    #7
    Go for it, I love this phone. Pro Tip: No phone is perfect. Any man made device will have problems, IMO the Iphone 4 "reception issue" is NOT a show stopper. At all.
     
  8. drtimo macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2009
    Location:
    UK
    #8
    Bad wi-fi?? Have I missed something?
     
  9. 3v0 thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Apr 24, 2010
    #9
    half way there. Just jail broke my 3g 2 days ago. I think I'll give it a shot.
    I mean I can sell the 3g, buy the iphone 4 and if I dont like it sell it on craigs and then have enough to afford something like the htc hd2.
     

Share This Page