upgrade on wrong phone number

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lcl1127, Feb 3, 2011.

1. lcl1127 macrumors newbie

so it turns out that my upgrade was on another phone on my plan. i don't know how to switch it to my number without talking to a verizon employee on the phone.
    i have the pre order up but have to pay full price for my line. should i order full price and call tomorrow to change it to the subsidized price? or should i just buy it for the other line and activate it on mine when it comes?

2. zenio macrumors 6502

I'm sure Verizon customer service can help you with that.

3. m.a.c.b.o.y macrumors member

Just purchase it on the line that has that upgrade. When you get it, just activate it first on that line and then switch it over to yours. This is how i'm going to do it. I've done it multiple times, if you need help just call a Verizon rep, from my experience they have always been very helpful with activation.

4. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

I did the same thing. I have had no trouble doing it in the past either.

5. saberahul, Feb 3, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2011

saberahul macrumors 68040

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9550/5.0.0.1015 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

How and where would you switch?

Edit: can I simple switch at verizon website or must It be done over the phone with customer service?

6. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

that type of stuff has to be done with customer service. Generally going into the store is the easiest way to handle it.
    I know people who have done it. On AT&T my family has been using upgrades from all the other lines and bouncing them around for a while now. It is a little messier since the line being used for the upgrade does not have a data plan on it. They have to put it on that line then roll it over to the other (and the line getting the iPhone also did not have a data plan on it at the time either) It just requires a little work. I find it is always easies to do that type of stuff in the store were you have someone face to face to talk with.

7. saberahul macrumors 68040

Wonderful thank you.