Upgrade Or Clean Install?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by kingofqueens, Aug 28, 2009.

1. kingofqueens macrumors newbie

Hi guys I am going crazy about this now =.= can you please advice me wtf to do? will I get most of SL if I upgrade? or if I clean install? also is it possible to restore applications to SL from Leopard time machine?

Please reply

Thank you!

2. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

Please copy the title you made for this thread, paste it into the search box on the top of this page, and then click "Search Forums". :)

3. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16)

I usually do an archive and install when I upgrade to any new OS. this preserves your applications and some settings but gives you a fresh users folder among other things. It is the best thing short of an erase and install or as you put it a "clean install".

4. kingofqueens thread starter macrumors newbie

so if I do a clean fresh install, will I be able to restore my applications from leopard time machine to SL?

Regards.

P.S and to the other person yes thank you for your advice I would have never thought of that if it wasn't for you :rolleyes:

5. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

What's with the sarcasm? It was a polite request. There have been at least four threads in the last couple of days that address your topic directly.

6. kingofqueens thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi sorry if I offended you? but I have another question in there as well, and yes I did do that before asking. Can please get back on topic? thank you.

Regards.

7. Nugget macrumors 65816

Nugget

The topic of this thread is why you didn't read and post to one of these threads:

Upgrade or clean
    Fresh install or upgrade?
    Clean install or upgrade?
    Fresh install snow leopard?

All of those threads are in the past two days and on the first page of search results. There was no reason for you to create yet another thread asking a question that has been answered dozens of times already.

You would have "thought of it" if you'd read any of the other threads on the subject, too.