Upgrade or lose storage

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by TheOtherKind, Sep 26, 2013.

1. TheOtherKind macrumors member

http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/09/apple-is-automatically-pushing-out-ios-7-to-holdout-devices
    So...I've been watching all the back and forth about people who feel they are being unfairly forced to upgrade to an operating system they don't want for whatever reason, who are generally denigrated by others who say they aren't being forced to, that they can stay where they are...and technically, that's true...but apparently, if you don't, you're gonna lose some storage space, and there's no way around this...
    I love my Apple devices...but I don't want iOS7...it's a personal choice...but apparently Apple wants to crow about those adoption rate stats so bad that they're gonna make it unappealing for me to remain where I choose to be...

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

There were more people installing the beta version of iOS 7 this year than iOS 6 last year and some even paid for dev accounts or to register their UDID's just to do it and it was all done voluntarily. If you go out in the real world and ask people how they feel about iOS 7 a lot have positive things to say.

Apple doesn't need to crow. Their revenue just passed Coca-Cola, Microsoft and Proctor and Gamble.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

Between this approach if pushing updates and no real way to undo them, it's not a customer-friendly way of approaching the whole concept.

4. TheOtherKind, Sep 27, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2013

TheOtherKind thread starter macrumors member

you're right...maybe they don't need to crow...but they will...you can't tell me that Apple's marketing material will not include how fast this was adopted...I am not arguing the fact that many want and like it...but I'm also not blind to the fact that many don't, and would prefer not to have it, or to revert to iOS6, but can't...as C DM said, it certainly is not customer friendly

5. CTHarrryH macrumors 65816

I don't agree with a lot of the arguments but I do think they shouldn't download the software until you are ready and say OK. And they should provide you a method of getting rid of what they downloaded so you can get your storage back.