Upgrade or no?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by roland.g, Oct 6, 2011.

1. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I've owned the iPhone, 3G, and 4. I am a huge fan of Apple products and worked for Apple at one time. But I really find myself on the fence regarding the 4S. Do I really need to upgrade?

I don't use my iP4 as my camera, because it sucks compared to our Lumix. Too slow, not enough light. But I want to. Will the 4S really solve that.

Siri looks cool, but is still listed as beta. Do I want to be a Siri beta tester?

Sure it will be faster and that's great. But is it really worth it to upgrade. Will I find myself ineligible when the 5 eventually comes out. I sort of told myself that I would go two years with iPhones. 3G, 4, 5. And skip the S upgrades. Truth is I can sell my iP4 for more than I paid for it, more than the new one costs, so the cost of upgrading is actually money in my pocket, outside of the hassle of meeting someone etc.

But I just can't seem to completely sell myself on the idea. Maybe I really need to see one first. Take pics with it. Mess with Siri. Get the iP4S drool going. Then upgrade. Not sure I really need to take the pre-order plunge.

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I have an iphone 4 (on T-mobile) and the only thing that has me interested in the new 4S is the option to get 64GB of storage space. Camera I don't care much about as well as Siri. A5 chip, I don't really play high graphics games.

3. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

4. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

Siri. Bottom line.

I went from no hype to absolute hype.

5. midnightfalcon macrumors member

I've had every iPhone before now im not really excited about this one but im eligible for an upgrade so figure ill continue the tradition.

6. MacGurl111 macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

Now this is the truth. Took me a minute to think if I actually do this and I do. :eek::D

7. TLewis macrumors 65816

Then you should not upgrade.

This is one of those situations where, if you have to ask, you shouldn't upgrade.

8. MacGurl111 macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

Was going to stick with my 3g but the SIRI also did it for me. I drive a lot so it would help with calls and texts! Oh man, what a dream come true!!!:D

9. midnightfalcon macrumors member

i could have used it tonight while i was driving siri refresh macrumors siri refresh macrumors

10. Obi Wan Kenobi macrumors 6502

Obi Wan Kenobi

With all those doubts? NO.

11. roland.g thread starter macrumors 603

roland.g

I think as much as my wife hates how attached I am to my iPhone, she would actually welcome Siri if it meant I used it more instead of trying to do stuff while driving, which is a really bad habit.

But I still feel like I can wait past pre-orders and go by a store or play with a co-workers before buying myself. I know if I don't pre-order then it is likely another 3 weeks after that because the initial production run goes through and they won't have stock, but I don't feel like I have to have it tomorrow. The only weird factor is that I can sell mine yesterday and make money on all of it, so that's the voice in my head saying why not.