Upgrade or not?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dark-saito, Jul 15, 2008.

1. dark-saito macrumors regular

I JUST got my iPod Touch 32 Gig and was wondering if I should upgrade to 2.0 or not?

So far i've found only about 2 or 3 apps that look useful, I don't plan on using Push Email at all really. Surfing the web is something i will be doing alot- and i hear 2.0 makes that along with the whole iPod itself slow and choppy. Should i stick with the 1.1.5 update?

2. mrmarky macrumors member

Its fairly Painless to go back to 1.1.4 or 1.1.5 you can't really fudge it up so if you wanted to try it why not

But yeah I had many many problems, like others but some people say its fine

I've gone back to 1.1.5 its nice and stable and works, In my garden I could hit full bars on 1.1.5 and on version 2.0 it was lucky to get 1 it would fall off constantly, maybe let the dust settle and see how it looks in a week or so, because if you wanted to go back to 1.1.4 or 5 you would loose all your settings.

3. Viremia macrumors regular

Haven't experienced any problems (other than 2 apps not syncing and having to redownload) and surfing has been no slower than with 1.1.4.

Then again, I had found 5 apps I really wanted and wound up buying another 5 apps. If $10 is too steep or the reports worry you too much (remember, most who aren't having problems don't post nor draw as much attention), hold off until 2.0.1 comes out and read the threads to see if those having problems have had them fixed.

In the end, it's up to you. If 2.0 doesn't offer anything that looks interesting TO YOU, then you can always hold off until there's something worth getting.

4. dark-saito thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys, I'll weigh your comments in with my decision ^^

5. ervabu macrumors newbie

ervabu

I'm going to wait for a while and see how things turn out with 2.0 --- I'm sure I'll eventually pull the trigger, just want to wait for the bugs to fall out. =)