I have a Mid-2010 iMac with the original 4gb of ram that I am debating if I should upgrade or replace. I am a very mild user and typically just do web surfing and word processing. However I do have a ton a family photos on the machine as well. I have only used 250gb(mostly photos) of the hard drive in the time I have had the machine. It has begun to slow down somewhat and that is why I am at this junction. I also recently picked up a 27" Thunderbolt Display with the intention of buying a Mac Mini as a replacement to my current iMac. However it looks like from the comments on the forums that it will not be any faster than the machine I already own, especially if I upgrade the iMac. So I thought why not max out my ram in my current machine to 16gb and install a 500gb SSD to boot! Then I would spend roughly the amount of a Mac Mini but now have two screens. My dilemma is that this is a 7 year old machine. Does this seem like a good use of funds? Is my money better spent getting a Mac Mini? Or waiting until later this year to see if Apple offers a new Mac Mini? Suggestions? Thoughts? Much appreciation in advance.