Upgrade or stay jailbroken?

Upgrade or remain jailbroken?

• Total voters

cclloyd

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2011
Alpha Centauri A
What do you believe is better? I'm asking your opinions cause I got into a fight with my brother about which is better :p

FYI: Im staying jailbroken

(PS: Im asking here and on the iOS hacks forum because I want it to be seen by 2 different main audiences)

Last edited:

DanielMyst777

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2009
Being jailbroken rocks but, sooner or later, I end up giving in and upgrading. With the new iPhone and iOS 6, things that I jailbroke for are leveling out into the core OS like Facetime over cellular, call blocks, and turn-by-turn navigation.

I will be upgrading from my JB iP4 soon and will miss winterboard, Activator, SBSettings, and BiteSMS but I can live for a few months until an untethered JB is released. As far as I know, it should be soon.

waa1futs

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2012
Jailbreak is more valuable than any sort of new iPhone coming out.

Emulators
BiteSMS
GVextension
Zephyr
Spotlock
Nonewsisgoodnews
Folder enhancer
Springtomize
Protube
Bridge
Nitrous
Adblocker
Safari download manager

The list goes on and on...

Not a chance in hell that spotty LTE, letterboxed applications, and scuff marks could even come close to the above.

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
I'm recommending that you stay jailbroken because that's what I'm doing on my 4S. iOS6 didn't bring that many new and useful features (for me) so upgrading would actually be a downgrade from the functionality I get for jailbreak tweaks.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
What do you believe is better? I'm asking your opinions cause I got into a fight with my brother about which is better :p

FYI: Im staying jailbroken

(PS: Im asking here and on the iOS hacks forum because I want it to be seen by 2 different main audiences)
Hahahahaha... Those were the days :eek:

Anyway, I'm staying with a jailbroken iOS5, as all the iOS6 improvements I can either get via jailbreak, don't care about or aren't really improvements at all (maps).

thadoggfather

macrumors G4
Oct 1, 2007
After treading in 5's hardware waters, it's hard to go back. LTE, 4", A6, battery life, 5 ghz N wifi.

I do miss a handful of jailbreak tweaks that were on my 4S.

I dunno, if you're that inclined maybe get it and, if you don't like, return?

I'm using Assistive Touch as a poor substitute for Zephyr because I hate hitting the home button a million times every day.

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
If I didn't upgrade to the 5 & still had 4s you bet I'd be jb. If & when jb comes to iOS 6 I will definitely be jb! Zephyr and bitesms is what I miss most. For the 1st week on the 5 I did nothing but swipe up...

TM WAZZA

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2010
Hamilton, New Zealand
If I didn't upgrade to the 5 & still had 4s you bet I'd be jb. If & when jb comes to iOS 6 I will definitely be jb! Zephyr and bitesms is what I miss most. For the 1st week on the 5 I did nothing but swipe up...
lol... I catch myself doing this when playing with other people's iDevices.

Zephyr is very useful.

AFDoc

macrumors 68030
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
After treading in 5's hardware waters, it's hard to go back. LTE, 4", A6, battery life, 5 ghz N wifi.

I do miss a handful of jailbreak tweaks that were on my 4S.

I dunno, if you're that inclined maybe get it and, if you don't like, return?

I'm using Assistive Touch as a poor substitute for Zephyr because I hate hitting the home button a million times every day.
I feel the same. I love being jailbroken but I only miss a few apps (sb setting being a huge one) but having the speed and beauty of the 5, I'm not sweating it too much. I will keep my 4s jb'd and am waiting for the i5 to get the treatment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.