Upgrade or stay with 1st gen?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gan6660, Aug 18, 2008.

1. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

I have a 1st gen iPod Touch and was wondering if I should by the new one next month? Also which Macbook should I get next month?
    Thanks in advance.

:apple:iPod touch
    :apple:iPod nano 3g
    :apple:iPod shuffle 1g
    :apple:Future Macbook owner

2. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

Are you serious? Not knowing how you use your Touch, or more importantly what new features, if any, will be included in the 'next generation' Touch, if there even is one, this question is impossible to answer. For both the Touch and the MacBook, you're going to have to decide what meets your needs, how much you're willing to spend, and then decide for yourself. If you have more specific questions I'm sure you'll get more useful answers!

3. ebow macrumors 6502a

ebow

And I would wait until actual products are announced. No point in fretting over theoretical products. Plus I'd ask about the MacBook in the MacBook forum.

4. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

Please tell me your current iPod Touch broke, and that you own an out of date (over three years old) computer. If the answer to either of those is "Nah, I just like throwing away money because I have no will of my own," you should really look into giving away your excess money to someone that deserves it, like a charity. Nobody (but Apple's greedy fingers) likes a stark-mad fanboy!

5. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

There would have to be one hell of a hardware update to convince me to give up my 32 gig touch. After owning iPods for years, and a constantly seeing Apple introduce new iPods 3-4 months after buying my last one, I'm also happy to pay 10-20 bucks for new software capabilities.

If they had a new model with double the memory, bluetooth, and an external speaker for the same price, I'd go out and buy one...right after my old one broke or got sold on craigslist...

6. gan6660 thread starter macrumors 65816

gan6660

iPod is fine but my toshiba laptop broke after only two years (screen died) and my dell desktop is 7 years old and wont even run iTunes.

7. nick9191 macrumors 68040

I'd stick with your current iPod.

Apple have a habit of creating a good product, and getting alot of recognition, then on the second revision, milk it for all its worth by lowering the quality to increase profit margins.

As for the Macbook, well no one knows anything about it other than Apple. You will just have to wait and see ;)

8. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

I'd have to agree with that. 1st Gen Nanos had a tendency of often bursting into flames (crappy lithium ion batteries), while 2nd Gens were just smaller (AND WITH NO FLAMES!).