Upgrade , Or wait and buy a Macbook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by applecube1993, Dec 2, 2007.

  1. applecube1993 macrumors member

    applecube1993

    Joined:
    Nov 21, 2007
    Location:
    Ontario Canada
    #1
    Alright well I have bought a cube for my first apple about a month ago , and well now I think I should upgrade it If I really want to have some fun with it , Cause I want to install "Tiger" soon .

    But I would have to upgrade the Cpu.. Cause its only a 450mhz :eek:
    And problebly get a better video card and a bigger hardrive

    Or I could wait and wait , and then buy myself a Macbook ! :D

    But I dont know what to do , cause im only getting a job in around Feb-
    march So ya :confused:

    Any help or Advice anyone ???`
     
  2. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

    basesloaded190

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2007
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    #2
    1. i think you mean leopard? maybe not
    2. if i were you i would have just bought the macbook to begin with. much easier than having to upgrade something you just bought to get it to where you want it to be.
    sell the cube and save your money and get a macbook, you will be much happier with intel and everything that comes with a new macbook, including leopard
     
  3. applecube1993 thread starter macrumors member

    applecube1993

    Joined:
    Nov 21, 2007
    Location:
    Ontario Canada
    #3
    Well ya I did mean tiger , but ya leopard is pretty cool , but need more requirements (more powerfull requirements .. lol).. and alright , but I want to keep my cube , cause I juste like its size and everything ... but alright il keep that in mine thx.
     
  4. skuzzy macrumors member

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2007
    Location:
    Cape Town, SA
    #4
    1. Your font is annoying.
    2. Save up and get a MacBook, don't try and resurrect the cube.
     
  5. applecube1993 thread starter macrumors member

    applecube1993

    Joined:
    Nov 21, 2007
    Location:
    Ontario Canada
  6. Thrawn macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2007
    #6
    Someone doesn't know how to spell crappy...;) Only kidding.

    Anyways, I would get a refurb macbook for $800 or buy a used one on ebay. It will be a definite upgrade from your cube. It's worth the wait. Plus, with the macbook you can run leapord which is freakin sweet.:D
     
  7. ivan1234 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2007
  8. jbg232 macrumors 65816

    jbg232

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2007
    #8
    Cubes are basically non-upgradable (you can but there is a real likelihood you will kill it)... Your money is MUCH better spent on a macbook so you're just going to have to wait like the rest of us on this forum do...
     
  9. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

    Digital Skunk

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2006
    Location:
    In my imagination
    #9
    I would definitely listen to a lot of these guys. Get the MacBook and don't waste your time on old junk... The Cube was nice for it's time, and a wonderful machine, but it's a G4 processor, and trust me, you will be kicking yourself once you realize how slow that thing will run compared to the Intel Macs running 2GB of RAM.
     
  10. applecube1993 thread starter macrumors member

    applecube1993

    Joined:
    Nov 21, 2007
    Location:
    Ontario Canada
    #10
    Sorry ... lol Im just a 14 year old french kid,I forget sometimes haha:p
     
  11. applecube1993 thread starter macrumors member

    applecube1993

    Joined:
    Nov 21, 2007
    Location:
    Ontario Canada
    #11
    Alright thanx guys .. I guess il be getting a Intel mac around easter .! haha ;)
     
  12. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

    Vigilante

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2007
    Location:
    Florida.
    #12
    ...I guess nobody likes building their own computers and running Mac OS? :p
     

Share This Page