Upgrade plan....question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dccorona, Jul 3, 2008.

1. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

I am currently on a family plan that has 3 lines on it

mine is an iPhone, with the $20 a month data plan
    and the other 2 are normal phones

I thought it would just be a $10 a month increase when I buy iPhone 3g (I already have unlimited texting)
    but according to the information from ATT, it seems to me that they will charge everyone on the family plan for unlimited 3g data (family plan minimum price is $150 a month according to the charts)

Is this only for a family plan which has all iPhones on it?
    In other words, if the other 2 lines on my plan stay the same, and I upgrade to iPhone 3g, will I only have to pay an extra $10 a month, or will I have to pay for unlimited 3g data for everyone on the plan?

2. Spongey817 macrumors regular

I'm fairly confident that you'll just be paying the extra ten dollars a month. The charts list options for multiple iPhones within a family plan (i.e husband/wife both owning iPhones).

3. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

You are correct in thinking your plan will only go up $10. The current iPhone data plan (which is really data + sms) will be rmoved and replaced with the $30 PDA data package.

If you didn't have unlimited texting on your family plan, then you would need to pick a texti package, thus increasing the price a little more, but since you already have that you should be good to go!