upgrade problem?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by vix2000, Mar 21, 2014.

1. vix2000, Mar 21, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2014

vix2000 macrumors regular

ran an upgrade the other day and don't know if its coincidence but my MBA trackpad is now playing up. I always have it set to 1st click left, 2nd click right, but now both left & right are doing 2nd click, nothing will select, but sometimes 1st click works top right??? It seems like a software problem. Has anyone else experienced this or got any ideas please?

2. mondayriot macrumors newbie

The quickest way to establish if it is indeed a software related issue would be to boot into the recovery partition and navigate around. Does the trackpad behave the same way?

If it does, its a hardware problem, most probably related to a contact problem inside the trackpad.

Crud tends to sneak down the side of the frame and trackpad occasionally. Perhaps something has lodged itself on the contact.

3. vix2000 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the response. No, the trackpad part is Ok and I've not long since had a new trackpad under apple care. It goes for a while working fine then all of a sudden stops working again, then after a while it starts. Luckily this morning its OK so far, for how long I don't know!!!

4. mondayriot macrumors newbie

Was it doing this before you had the trackpad replaced?

If so, it could indicate an intermittent logic board/other component issue.

If not, it could be the trackpad.

This is of course after ruling out a possible software related cause.

5. vix2000 thread starter macrumors regular

No, before the trackpad was replaced the bottom left was solid, not clicking at all. Currently it is clicking but producing the same menu as the bottom right, which is set as the secondary select. Bizarrely the top right corner occasionally works when the bottom left is playing up???