Upgrade Prog - Reserve Silver, swap for black?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by darthbane2k, Sep 11, 2016.

1. darthbane2k macrumors 6502

Ok seeing as there are no black 128GB iPhone 7s available for reservation on the UK upgrade program, say if I placed a reservation for silver or something on launch day and enquirer about black stock. If they had extra black would they swap it around? Furthermore could I go for the silver and just swap it out for a black within 14 days if stock becomes available without having to 'reapply' for the upgrade program?

Perhaps out US friends could shed some light.

2. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

If they have it in stock they will swap.

3. nwlondonlad macrumors 6502a

nwlondonlad

Yeah this was my biggest mistake. I was on the site from the moment site was up and when they didn't have black I was beat.

They had loads of gold/rose but by the time I realised that I should reserved one of those to swap in store they were all sold out

4. edlex, Sep 11, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2016

edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

Yes they will swap it out if stock is available. None of the black 7+'s were available right at the opening of the App Store preorder so I reserved a silver 128 7+ and I will see is any of the blacks are available when I get there. Worse case I'll walk away with my first white phone!

5. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

I would assume if they had stock they would allow you to swap

6. ssledoux macrumors 6502

ssledoux

I'm hoping to swap the rose gold for a silver. I have a rose gold 6S+ and just really wanted to go back to silver, but when I made my order, the only thing they had left (for my store) to order in 128 gb was rose gold. It's not really a big deal because I always have a case on my phone, but I was just hoping to go back to silver.