Upgrade Program - any need for "Favorite" in Apple Store App?

hface119

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
Tried to search and didn't find this tidbit. For those that did the iPhone 8 preorder through the Apple Upgrade Program, do you need to pre-configure your device separately from the pre-approval process and add to your favorites for quick checkout? Or, does the pre-approval process take the place of the "favorite" method to get your device ready for quick ordering via the app?

Are we just expecting something front and center at 12PST to tap on and checkout if we were pre-approved for the Apple Upgrade Program?

Reactions: apwtwenty

Hermes Monster

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2010
UK
From what I've seen on the app and going through the first steps of IUP, no, it doesn't seem to reflect your favourites

billchase2

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2006
Ann Arbor
Are there any other write-ups about experiences using the preapproved IUP method for preordering the iPhone 8? Even from within the forums. I'm trying to prep myself on what exactly I will need to do at 3am tonight since I'll be half asleep.

sportykid2332

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2008
Are there any other write-ups about experiences using the preapproved IUP method for preordering the iPhone 8? Even from within the forums. I'm trying to prep myself on what exactly I will need to do at 3am tonight since I'll be half asleep.
I've been looking for the same thing, closest thing I found was the forbes article (at least it had a couple screenshots)

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
I've been looking for the same thing, closest thing I found was the forbes article (at least it had a couple screenshots)
Thanks for this. It looks like the splash screen will appear as soon as the app is launched, which would be great.