iPhone 11 Pro Upgrade Program AppleCare+ Question

mistermcnight

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
Hello,

I'm a first timer with the Upgrade Program, and I am loving the ease and simplicity of it so far.

Got my 11 up and running, but it's still offering to sell me AppleCare+ in settings, not acknowledging that I already have it. Do you know the steps I need to take to activate the AppleCare+ that's included in the loan I took out to enter the Upgrade Program?

swandy

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
First call Apple Care Support. See if they got the information from Citizen's Bank about the iUp Loan.

mistermcnight

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
Oh, okay. I'm assuming they're pretty swamped right now, I'm surprised this additional step is needed. Is that common, or should I just let this play out behind the scenes?

mistermcnight

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
That's what I thought too... didn't know if anyone else has had this experience or if your AppleCare is always set up as soon as you activate your phone.

mac.cali

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2012
That's what I thought too... didn't know if anyone else has had this experience or if your AppleCare is always set up as soon as you activate your phone.
I think it’ll correct itself, but since you’re on iUP it’s automatically part of the program. Worst case is that it’s not displayed on the phone but ultimately you’re paying for it and will be honored.

whalen

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
I am seeing the same thing on my iPhone 11 Pro that I got thru the IUP program. And on my Apple support profile, Apple Care+ is not linked to my phone.... yet.

mistermcnight

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
Just entered the serial number on the Upgrade Program website to check my eligibility for an upgrade (just as an exercise to see if the phone is logged in their system yet) and it didn't recognize the phone. So I'm just assuming these things will sort themselves out and I should just wait for an e-mail or text. Unless someone here informs me differently on what I should do. Thank you!

RossMc

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2010
Newcastle, UK
Did you get an email with your proof of Apple Care coverage when you bought it? I got it as soon as it went through at the Apple Store so maybe you just need to wait for that email if you haven’t got it.

whalen

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
Did you get an email with your proof of Apple Care coverage when you bought it? I got it as soon as it went through at the Apple Store so maybe you just need to wait for that email if you haven’t got it.
I have not received the AppleCare+ Proof of Coverage email notification.

hiwayfuzz

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
I'm in the same boat.. I didn't receive the proof of coverage and the phone asks me to subscribe...

whalen

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
I called, and was told this is occuring for many IUP customers, and that it may take up to 72 hours for things to link up.

onethinline

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2015
San Francisco
Yep, I'm seeing the same thing on my new 11 Pro Max ... gives me the upsell for AppleCare+ in Settings despite my being on the IUP with AppleCare+ listed on my order. Hopefully it sorts out in the next few days.

gkn1999

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2017
I had the same notification in the settings but then a few hours later, I got an email saying was enrolled.

LD Curb

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2015
USA
Hello,

I'm a first timer with the Upgrade Program, and I am loving the ease and simplicity of it so far.

Got my 11 up and running, but it's still offering to sell me AppleCare+ in settings, not acknowledging that I already have it. Do you know the steps I need to take to activate the AppleCare+ that's included in the loan I took out to enter the Upgrade Program?
The exact same thing is happening to me.