Carrier upgrade program with any carrier or just the big 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by backinblack875, Sep 11, 2015.

1. backinblack875 macrumors 6502a

backinblack875

will the apple upgrade program only work on verizon, att, t-mobile, and sprint or will it work on sub carriers like straight talk?? Apple's site (see pic) isn't clear. it says you can pick a new carrier but then only shows the big 4 logos. anyone have an idea yet? Screen Shot 2015-09-11 at 7.41.41 PM.png

2. Tapdawg macrumors regular

It's really confusing the small print says "1. The iPhone Upgrade Program is available to qualified customers only with a valid U.S. personal credit card. Requires a 24-month installment loan with Citizens Bank, N.A. and iPhone activation with a national carrier — AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, or Verizon"

but the big advertisement makes it sounds like you can choose any carrier. It might start with the nationals and eventually include the small ones?

3. ZipZap macrumors 603

4. backinblack875 thread starter macrumors 6502a

backinblack875

man i hope so... i don't want to pay $70ish for the phone plan and then another $30ish for the phone... thats ridiculous.

Also i wonder how they would manage this?? whats to stop me from getting it from apple and doing it anyways if its really unlocked?? definitely curious as to how this will work.

5. Cryates macrumors 68020

Cryates

You can choose any carrier, from the ones they listed.