upgrade question concerning mac book pro.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Maschil, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Maschil, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011

Maschil macrumors 6502a

Maschil

Basically i was thinking a 2011 mac book pro 13 inch base and maxing out ram (8gb) and hd (750gb) through apple. costing an additional 300+ a friend suggested i just do this myself saving aleast 200+ now my question is which ram and hard drive to buy i found this ram

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145281

which looks good. now i am hoping to find a 1tb hard drive. The good news is that i wouldn't have to wait like a week to get my mac... just 2 or 3 days....

Thanks in advance.... also of note.i have been doing price checks on this item for the past few weeks. i notice that when i did the new price check it had lion OS on the screen so i guess its coming with all then new computers ordered from apple which is nice..... Thanks again. Finally making the switch from my asus laptop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I've officially forsaken windows now...

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Brand does not matter when buying RAM or hard drives. The most important factor once you've set your budget and desired capacity is how good the warranty is. Buy the brand/model that has the best warranty.

3. Maschil thread starter macrumors 6502a

Maschil

oh really? ok i found a Western Digital Scorpio Blue 1tb, this will fit right????? Also i am wondering where is the accessories section for mac book pro's i have no clue what case is the best... laptop bag etc.. someone please help me.

4. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

5. Maschil thread starter macrumors 6502a

Maschil

6. bangable macrumors newbie

7. jasonbro macrumors regular

I'd suggest Crucial Ram and whatever cheap SSD you can find. Check on Newegg.

Stick to name brand SSD's though and read the reviews. Intels are the best but i got a Kinsgton v+100 96gb for my 2010 13" MBP that works swell. It was $95 after $50 rebate and the new customer code that gives you $10 off. (NEWCUSTOMER10 i think it is) Crucial makes good SSD's too.

I wouldn't buy a platter drive.

check out Newegg.com though.

8. Maschil thread starter macrumors 6502a

Maschil

but i would lie a sata drive

9. Hook'Em2006 macrumors 6502

If you are talking about the "Clicking" noise that you hear sometimes , it is a shock sensor protecting the HD. It happens when you move the computer with the HD spinning.